It isn't autumn unless you've carved a pumpkin, watched Hocus Pocus, and had an apple cider doughnut. Now, you can bake that special someone this delicious pastry. Try out the Felt Manor's recipe and tag us on social media when you start showing off your pastry skills.
Baked Apple Cider Doughnuts
Makes approximately 18 3" doughnuts.
1 ½ cups apple cider
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¾ teaspoon baking powder
1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon cardamom
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
½ cup whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Ingredients for Dipping Baked Doughnuts
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
½ cup granulated sugar + 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. In saucepan on the stove reduce 1 ½ cups apple cider to ½ cup. This will take approximately 20-30 minutes. Cool slightly.
2. In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl mix together both sugars, melted butter, egg, milk, vanilla, lemon juice, and reduced apple cider.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
5. Coat silicone doughnut pans with cooking spray. Use a piping bag to pipe doughnut batter into pans, filling each cavity ⅔ full. Bake in 350o oven for 9-11 minutes, until golden brown and tops of doughnuts appear dry. Remove from pans.
6. Before serving, dip tops of warm doughnuts in melted butter. Then dip in cinnamon and sugar mixture. Serve warm.
Make ahead: Doughnuts can be baked the evening prior to serving. Wrap cooled doughnuts tightly with plastic wrap. In the morning, dip in melted butter then cinnamon and sugar. Warm doughnuts in 350o oven for 4 minutes prior to serving. Enjoy!